A Week of Miracles

Hey ya’ll!!
I hope everyone is doing well and that you are enjoying the beautiful spring weather! Yes, that’s right, it is just barley turning into spring here. So we have officially moved to doing a lemonade stand! In case any of you were wondering.
Now for stories!! This past week has been filled with miracles but I will only share two. One is fairly obvious, but the other is not.
Miracle number one!
Sister Law and I were doing phone booking. That is where we grab a phone book and start calling people to see if they want to learn more about the gospel. It was Sister Laws turn and I got up and started making a cup of tea. It had been a pretty stressful day. I was casually listening to the phone when a guy actually answered. The phone book here is pretty inaccurate so when you do get a person who answers its pretty exciting! It’s even more exciting if they don’t hang up on you within 10 seconds of learning who you are. It started out as a regular phone call. Sister Law gave her opening dialog and this guys response to the fact that we are missionaries was “well that’s unfortunate.” We sat there stunned and waited to hear the click of the phone. When after a moment of silence, the man on the phone said “go on”. So Sister Law went on. This turned into a 20 minute conversation. The mans name is Tim and he started out very hostile like and it sounded like he wanted to bible bash. But as the conversation went on, his needs became clear. While this was going on, I got up to pour my tea and I was so engrossed in the conversation happening between Sister Law and Tim that I missed my cup and poured boiling water all over my hand! So it naturally began to hurt and go bright flaming red and swelled up. I had ice on it for about an hour. Sister Law and I had to do some other stuff when it quickly became 8:45.  I had to go and get something to find relief from the burn. It was like time stopped. We had time to drive the 5 minutes to walmart, run in find the burn gel, and drive back to be in our apartments by 9. Then when I woke up the next morning there was only one little spot that hurt. My had was fully healed by noon the next day. That burn should have lasted at least a week and it was gone the next day.
Miracle number 2!
This is less noticeable. We went on exchanges this past week and we were in Saint John, New Brunswick. I was feeling pretty weighed down and I was able to get a lot of the help that I needed. Our STL’s (Sister Training Leaders) are awesome. Sensing the need to have a bit of fun, we went to the beach before we had to leave the next day. I never thought that I would be able to go to the beach as a missionary, but I guess when most of your mission is islands its hard to avoid! We had so much fun and we even found some pieces of sea glass. It was a much needed break and for me it was a miracle. I was freed from the stresses of missionary life for a moment and was able to have some true, genuine fun! I am out of time now! But I Love you all and I hope all is going well!!
Love, Emma

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s